Please click for an example of a weeks activities and snack examples
The Club’s aims are to: –
- To provide a happy, enjoyable and secure environment where Parents and Carers feel confident to leave their children.
- To provide positive Social, Physical, Intellectual, Creative and Emotional experiences for the children.
- Ensure that the children are appropriately supervised throughout the period of their attendance.
- Promote acceptable behaviour of children by their own example.
- Ensure the health and safety of children attending the Club.
The Parent’s responsibilities are to: –
- Enrol their child/ren by signed slip, to a Club of their choice, for a minimum of half a term.
- Ensure that their child/ren are collected promptly at the end of the Club, from the Gateway and inform the Club leader when they leave with their child.
- Check at lunchtime during extreme weather conditions if a Club will run that day.
- Be aware that club leaders or the school cannot be held responsible for any accidents or incidents occurring to their child providing reasonable risk assessment has been carried out.
- Snacks- Parents ensure that the booking form includes any special dietary requirements, preferences and food allergies that a child has, and any special health requirements. We follow advice from the Children’s Food Trust. Please click for further information.
- Medication – can only be administered with written authority from the parent/carer. Medication must be handed to the Co-ordinator on arrival & must be in it’s original container, labeled with the child’s name, dosage and times required.
- Illness – If your child is ill whilst at the club, we will ensure that you are contacted immediately. Collection of children from the club will only be allowed by a named person/s on the registration form. Please do not send your child to the club if they are ill or have a contagious disease. Please make sure that you keep staff updated on any changes to your contact telephone numbers.
- Late collection of children, unless notified, will result in the club taking care of the child for half an hour after closure whilst continuing to contact all numbers given. If unsuccessful, the club is obliged to contact Social Services who will take responsibility of the child/ren and continue to try to contact parents until successful. The club reserves the right to withdraw the service if consistent late collection occurs.
- Bad weather policies In the case of bad weather please contact the school Office at lunch time to confirm whether Smiles will be running that day.
The Children’s responsibilities are to: –
- Tell the Club leader if they need to leave the room/field/garden area for any reason.
- Behave in the same way that would be expected of them during normal school hours.
The School’s responsibilities are to: –
- Ensure that a full risk assessment is carried out for all activities.
- Ensure that there is a member of staff present on the school premises during all Club activities.
- Ensure that all Club staff have undergone the necessary check for suitability to be involved in a Club for children.
15:05 – 16:00 £3.50 (no snack)
15:05 – 17:00 £7:50
16:00 – 17:00 £4.00 (after a different club)
17:00 – 17:30 £1.50
15:05- 17:30 £9.00
Bookings may be made by completing a booking club form (half termly) and returning this to the office. Emergency bookings may be made by telephone to the office.
Our staff will make every effort to keep your child(ren) safe however from time to time accidents will occur. If your child(ren) are injured an accident report will be completed and shown to you. You will be asked to sign this report to show that you are aware of the injury. If your child needs medical attention you will be contacted immediately. If your child requires hospital treatment and you are unable to attend quickly then any decision about medical care will be taken by medical staff.
All children are given equal access to the after school clubs irrespective
We offer childcare from 3.05pm to 5.30pm every school day (excluding inset days). This is in response to many requests and expressions of interest from parents.
This is not going to be an extension of the school day, but a fun and informal session at the end of the day, for those who would like to use it. This will be in addition to the many clubs that will continue to remain on offer 3.05pm to 4pm.
The club is housed in the Hub or the hall/ outside after 4pm but this is our first major step in achieving our longer term vision that includes a nursery and holiday club at Goodrich, all to be housed in a proprietary building.
There will be both planned activities and games along with informal, relaxing, chill out times. Snacks will be provided (between 4pm and 4.30pm).
Cancellations Parents should notify the school office as normal if a child is absent on any day booked.
Payment Payment can be made by ParentPay. Pre bookings will be uploaded to accounts at the beginning of each half term. Adhoc bookings will be added from the Smiles registers at regular intervals. Salary sacrifice schemes can be used by parents using Smiles club.
The club follows the school policies on Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Child Protection, Behaviour, Complaints procedures for parents/carers, etc. Smiles holds its own Food Handling Policy which is available from the Club staff on request.